6.26.2011

Michael Jackson's Death: 2 Year Anniversary



Yep, it's been 2 years! I personally can't believe it's been that long since Michael Jackson passed away. I was discussing it with a friend the other night and were thinking it was only a year ago, but wow does time fly. It's one of the biggest tragedies in recent years. We lost the King of Pop out of nowhere, but that just goes to show how things can change in a heartbeat. I personally have varying opinions about M.J. the human being, but as a professional and a musician, he was praised the world over. I remember I was about to take a shower...turned on the radio to a local rock music station here in Los Angeles, and they mentioned that TMZ (the 1st to report it) had just broke a story that Michael Jackson had died, but there were no other details. I was like "Ok...yeah right." When I went over to my TV a couple mins later, turn on CNN, and there was the helicopter flying over the UCLA Medical Center where M.J was only "hospitalized" after cardiac arrest. It actually took a while before all the newspapers and television stations would finally confirm he was dead, after TMZ had already stated it 30 mins prior.  Where were you when the news broke? What were your initial reactions? Let me know what you think in the comments below.

17 comments:

  1. Was a really sad day indeed. I remember when he died all stores suddenly started selling all of hes music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at work and a customer came up to me and just told me out of the blue. I didn't believe it until I got home and saw the news for myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going about my day when someone told me. It's something how in an instant people can just be gone and the world is a different place because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember this day, was a sad day for the music community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 2 years? jeez the time flies! Miss this guy. I actually enjoyed some of his music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still very much missed...

    It's a damned shame they're trying to put his doctor in jail too, absolutely ridiculous, if you live in LA you're going to get your hands on prescription meds somehow or other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, it's a shame. Who knows if he could have made a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. everyone dies but is sad when someone with talet does too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just had a weird flashback to where i was when I found out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame. I miss him. I remember what happened that day and what it was like. It's still hard to believe he's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made money off MJ's death, I supplied sandwiches to feed the cops that protected his funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it's been 2 years already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure about him as a person... he had more than enough reasons to be screwed up, and at least some of the stuff he'd been accused of had to have some truth in it.
    his music on the other hand... unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete